S&Z remains top filer of SA patents for Chinese applicants

S&Z is the top filer of South African patents for Chinese patent applicants. With exclusive use of the GlobalIPCo patent management system, S&Z has reduced the time from filing a South African patent to couriering the patent registration certificate to under 3 months. This commitment continued to be met despite the third COVID wave and South African riots.

In August 2021, the top three South African firms – Adams & Adams, S&Z and Spoor & Fisher accounted for 59% of South African complete patent filings, with the other 41% shared between 23 patent firms. July and August 2021 also saw S&Z filing more South African patents for Chinese applicants than all the other 25 firms combined.

By automating filing, acceptance, publication, registration and courier of South African patents, the GlobalIPCo system enables S&Z to offer South African patents to Chinese Universities and companies at very affordable pricing – a fixed price that includes filing, official fees, acceptance, publication, issuance of the registration certificate and courier.

FirmComplete patent filings (July 2021)
Adams & Adams185
Spoor & Fisher146
Sibanda & Zantwijk112
von Seidels64
DM Kisch46
Hahn & Hahn31
De Beer24
ENS24
Lam24
Bredenkamp21
Brian Bacon13
Dr Gerntholtz13
McCallum Rademeyer & Freimond10
Smit & van Wyk8
Wolmarans & Susan4
Dennemeyer3
Deon de Beer2
Taberer2
AI Attorneys1
de Chalains1
Gunter1
Jacobus1
PFT Burger1
Richards1
Steyn1

Latest Specials
  • Register a Trademark in South Africa

    R3,750 + vat

    Find Out More
  • Patent Pending Number

    Only $199

    See More
  • Patent search

    R9,950 + vat

    Find Out More
  • Prototype

    3D CAD drawings, renderings, poster, plastic prototype

    Find Out More
  • Online SA design filing

    Only $299

    See More
  • Save up to 70% on renewal fees

    Save up to 70% on patent renewal fees / annuities by paying them online

    Renew Patent
  • Register provisional patent

    R19,950 + vat

    Find Out More
  • Online SA trademark filing

    Only $199

    See More
  • Trademark search

    R2,500 + vat

    Learn More

Get started with the patent process

Get in touch

Contact us

Intangible Consulting (Pty) Ltd.
9 Kruger St
Oaklands
Johannesburg
South Africa

T +27 (0)11 483 1439
T +27 (0)11 483 3128 (alt.)
C +27 (0)83 233 4582
F +27 (0)86 627 0055
info@ideanav.co.za